This is, in very minor ways, adapted from Michael Schlow’s wonderful cookbook, It’s About Time, and is by far the best, and easiest, way to cook salmon I have ever found.
4 6 oz. salmon filters with the skin removed
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 1/3 t. unsalted butter
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil (to make clean up easier).
- Place the salmon filets, spaced evenly apart, on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the filets and rub to ensure they are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for 15-18 minutes for medium rare and 21 to 24 minutes if you prefer medium.
- Place each filet on a plate and top with 1/4 of the butter. You can sprinkle with optional hersb, such as dill, as well.